Here at Mindset for Life we regularly come across articles, websites and events that inspire us and link to the core themes and content of the
Mindset for Life program. On this page, we’ll post links and references to books, resources and information that some of us have found useful.
Books worth considering
- Enjoying Retirement. An Australian handbook of ideas, strategies and resources. The Retire 200 research findings and implications.
Michael Longhurst (2018 republished version)
- Retirement, the Psychology of Reinvention. A practical guide to planning and enjoying the retirement you’ve earned. Prof Kenneth Schultz (Jan 2016 UK published version)
- A look at the work by Robert Atchley (from Session 1)
- Keys to a successful retirement
- Do you really want to retire?
- Ikigai: finding purpose in life (from session 2)
- Happiness by design (from Paul Dolan – Taster session)
- Aging, Resilience, and The New Normal
- The power of purpose (pdf)
- Social connections – from the work of Robin Dunbar (session 3)
- Social resilience – from the work of John T. Cacioppo (session 3)